Thursday 2 April 2009

Hi all, just a quick update to let you know what I’ve been doing, while I still have time!

On Friday I and Mike from the Bible College (see picture) constructed some shelving for book storage.

On Saturday I was the designated driver for the Kiriks’ removal van as they have just moved house. I’ve never driven a van before and it was a little scary at first but now I kind of miss it.

On Sunday I had my first Sunday at Calvary Chapel York which was really nice. Interestingly, while I am in the midst of a bunch of housing issues Pastor Dave Sylvester was finishing off Psalm 91, talking about making the Lord our habitation.

After service I got to go see the house I am wanting to live at. It’s still a mess but James, who has just become the landlord, is getting straight to fixing it up.

What’s great is that as we were fixing up the front fence many of the local kids came to help. There’s a mission field right there, thrust in my face! It is a rough area but I can’t help but feel that this is where the Lord would have me, at least for now.

This Saturday 4th I will be driving down (is it down?) to Skegness with Tim to man the GFA stall at Spring Harvest until Thursday 9th. I hope my SatNav knows where Skegness is. We are praying for many Revolution In World Missions books to be taken and read, for believers to be stirred up to be senders, supportors and even staff members, and for the energy to endure what I’m told is a very tiring time. Then after coming back to the office for a week I will be going to Minehead with Brian from Tuesday 14th until Sunday 19th to man the stall at the Spring Harvest there.

No comments:

Post a Comment