Wednesday 25 March 2009

I have finally arrived in York! Sorry I haven't posted this blog sooner, my first night here (Monday night) I was really ill all night, I don't think I slept at all. I felt sick but unable to be sick, I was aching all over and had occasional chills. I spent the whole next day (Tuesday) at the Kiriks' home on their couch feeling miserable, disappointed with myself for my first day with Gospel For Asia. Today (Wednesday) I felt well enough to go in, though I still felt exhausted and sluggish, and... not at all hungry! I have been put off at even the thought of food, which is probably funny to those of you that know me!

Anyway, my first day at GFA was nice and gentle, I read through some documentation I had to read through and started using a system to input names and addresses into the computer database. I also observed things that the others were doing and felt a little overwhelmed at how much there seems to learn. I also saw the required reading list shelf:-


...which also be funny to those of you who know me and my slow reading skills!

I thank the Lord that I am now here, and I pray that I will be able to serve Him as He desires, and that I would not forget the secret place.

I hope to meet the owner of the house I am thinking of renting from soon, he contacted me on Monday night but I was too ill to meet up.

On Sunday I had a really nice send off from Calvary Chapel Norwich. John called me up and briefed the congregation on how the Lord had directed me in the last year, asked some guys to come pray for me, John prayed for me and another man gave a stern word from the Lord for me, to which I totally bore witness. He said that the Lord wanted me to know that I was being called from one classroom to another, that although I thought I was going to be serving I would actually be learning, that many things would happen, some good and some bad, and that I was to keep humble. I was sure it was from the Lord already, but John announced that he had received a call from Brian Kirik the day before and he had said exactly the same thing. It's funny, I was expecting the Lord to rebuke me in front of everyone for all sorts of things, but I realise that many of my fears are self-imposed and enemy-imposed, and that all I need to worry about is the light burden the Lord has put on me. This rod really was comforting!

On Monday I got to see Dave Jones unsuccessfully flip his spanish omelette:-


...and then went to say goodbye to Sheila who couldn't make it to church on Sunday:-

...then I said goodbye to 90 Friends Road:-

...and went over to my mum's for some steamed buns:-


Monday was also Brian Kirik's birthday and I was blessed to share in the celebration as I arrived in York (before I got ill!):-

...all in all I am excited to be here, and thankful for the opportunity to learn and serve.

Anyway, please keep praying for me, I feel like I am starting to understand spiritual attack a little bit, and I am still not at full support so I think I'll be continuing to raise funds while I am here, though I'm not really worried as I think the Lord will provide what I need, so if I don't have it I didn't need it!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment