Wednesday 11 March 2009

Dave and I just got back from doing some street witnessing. Can I just say that I really hate street evangelism! It's awkward, uncomfortable, I feel silly and never know how to start... and yet... every time I come away thinking “I should do this everyday”. I can think of fewer things that build up my faith more, that show me where the gaps in my armour are, that show me how well I understand my salvation and my previous condemnation... and that give me a heart for the lost. When I hear what some people believe sometimes it really grieves me. And when I see how much some people listen it just makes me see how much I have been given and how much I should be willing to give away. It was a great time, and we hope to do it again soon.

I have been developing this fear: we have teams of footballers that come to play at the same school where we have church, at the time when we have Sunday service. Some of them have only heard me say “can you NOT park in OUR carpark please?” I have been thinking; if they don't get saved between now and the judgement, when their sentence to spend eternity in torment is given, and if for argument's sake they go past me on that day on their way to everlasting destruction, I imagine them turning to me, with tear filled eyes, saying “why didn't you tell me?” What would I say? “I was too busy”. Too busy setting up an evangelical outreaching church? “I was afraid.” Afraid of what? Didn't I know I had Jesus? Don't get me wrong, I know that it's not my responsibility to save everyone that's lost! But I think the question for me is, am I doing anything about anyone who's lost? I pray for grace and for wisdom, not to do anything out of guilt or frustration. It has to be vertical motivation (from the Lord) not horizontal!

12 days until I move to York! I am still waiting to hear from the bible college about some temporary accommodation, I will be staying with the Kiriks initally when I arrive on the 23rd, and I am looking forward to looking at this house in Tang Hall, the buyer should have completed the purchase shortly after I arrive. I pray that his purchase goes swiftly and smoothly and that it can be made ready soon AND that the Lord would let me know if this is the place for me to be! I am speaking for 10mins at Calvary Chapel Twickenham this Sunday, will be praying for the Lord's word from me to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment