Sunday 22 March 2009

Had a really nice last dinner with the Browns and Hornagolds on Saturday night. I still wasn't really feeling like I am moving on from this place and onto another, I suspect it will sink in a few days after repeatedly waking up and saying “where am I?”


I was blessed with a really beautiful send off at church too. John recounted how the Lord had led him to lead me, some of the guys prayed over me and someone gave me a word from the Lord which I completely bore witness to, about how the Lord was moving me from one classroom to the next, for my own learning to mature me, how I was to obey and be humble, how good and bad things would happen, but it would all be for God's glory. It was public and when I heard the tone of what the Lord was saying I thought “oh no, the Lord's going to rebuke me in front of the whole congregation for this and this, and this, and this...” but thankfully the Lord chose not to declare my sins and shortfallings before everyone.

My grandma came too and has offered to support me, despite completely disagreeing with Christianity and my explanations of God's justice :-S


Pat Stacey made me an awesome cake. She even made the flowers out of icing sugar! It was really amazing, I felt bad cutting it!


I said many farewells and hugged many people, but ever with the mindset that I was not simply moving onto another job and leaving my church family behind, I am a servant and a soldier being re-posted, leaving behind a battalion of soldiers who also have much work to do and many battles they must fight. A little while longer and those of us who confess with our mouths the Lord Jesus Christ and believe that God raised Him from the dead, will be with Him in glory and we will be fellowshipping for a long time, but right now it's harvest time and there is much work to be done!


And then some of the kids got themselves locked behind some gates and had to wait for the caretaker to free them.


Afterwards I went to my mother's for some food and family time with my brothers and sisters. Spring rolls and crispy noodles mmmmmm. It was Mother's Day, my last Sunday and my sister's Birthday in a few days so it was a combo time. I gave my sister the digital photo frame I had gotten for Christmas from mum! They both know of course, I didn't have time to use it and it served as a good yet cheap present!


The next entry I do should be from York, Lord willing. I drive up tomorrow, Monday 23rd March, as planned, to impose upon Brian and Mindy and eat their food :-) I'll let you know how I get on.

No comments:

Post a Comment