Wednesday 13 May 2009

Angie has now left and I am flying solo doing her role, still rather uncertain about most of the processes I do. The notes we made are fairly extensive and I am heavily relying on them. I am quite tired and overwhelmed, but working in an office for the Lord all day is just bliss!

My house is ready! It even has hot water now! No cooker yet but that just means I won’t have to spend time cooking. I am just waiting on someone with a big car to be available to take the single bed that the Kiriks are giving me over to the house. James my landlord has been diligently working on it after work.

Brian was on Genesis TV last night talking about the persecution of Christians in India. I watched online and found it stirring and challenging. He is actually at the Christian Resource Exhibition in London all this week, with someone additional to do every day of it. Please pray for his health and energy as he serves the Lord.

We went to the lake district on a retreat a few weeks back, just after the crazy conference season and it was a real blessing. We some time in a house by a lake, had some great fellowship and I got to know the team a little better. We had a local pastor called Russell Freylick come and teach, who had an amazing testimony of how the Lord saved his life. He read Psalm 24 and talked about having clean hands and a pure heart, and then he taught about having peace, finding the old ways as Jeremiah says instead of new ones. We often try to escape to quite places like the lake district (!) to find peace, but then once we leave that place our peace is gone again, peace only truly comes through having peace with God. We often also lose our peace by making God’s work our burden, forgetting that it is HIS work. That was a Saturday night. On the Tuesday Jeff Cuozzo of Calvary Chapel Spring Lakes came with his worship leader, who was also called Jeff. Before singing Jeff read Psalm 24 (!) and then we sang “Give Us Clean Hands” (which I have added to my playlist). Then Jeff Cuozzo shared, and one of his points was that often we make God’s work our burden and we lose our peace (!). I sensed the Lord was speaking to us, which I always find startling, and comforting.

We covet your prayers for our office, we have a lot of work and not enough staff, and it’s not money we’re trying to make it’s souls we’re trying to win. We praise the Lord that we have too much work to do, it’s a huge blessing, I just wish I could multi-task better!

No comments:

Post a Comment