Friday 9 January 2009

Then said I "Lord how long?" Isaiah 6:11

It's funny how stuff happens when you pray, and I don't mean that tongue in cheek! I genuinely am surprised at the effect that prayer has. The week before last I had been getting restless about not already being in York, still sitting at my Norwich Union office and not lifting a finger to help while thousands perish during each of my working days, slipping into an eternity without Jesus. I know it has to be when the Lord says go, but I was getting impatient. I asked the Lord when I would be going, and asked Him to make it soon, if not right now. Brian called on Monday and asked me to pray about believing on the Lord to have me arrive in York in March, and act accordingly. I didn't say anything to Brian but it was like music to my ears. I wanted to go home and pray before I said anything but I couldn't help but “feel” that it was right. “Feel” is not the word I want to use but I have no others! I didn't hear a voice either, I just had an understanding that this is what I was supposed to do. There's no earthly reason to think it will happen, but I think that's part of this lesson.

My department is considering voluntary redundancies to reduce staff, giving people the option of volunteering to be made redundant. A person would receive four weeks pay for each year they have worked here, and I have worked here for three years. I have been praying about whether I was supposed to express interest in that or not, and also when. I can cope without it but it would certainly be handy, and a great encouraging confirmation. After praying on Tuesday and asking the Lord to let this work out I finally talked to my manager on the Wednesday, who said he would put my name down, but there were no guarantees. They have until next year to lose fifteen people, so there may not be any going soon. That's fine, I don't mind, and I told him I would be praying about it. On Thursday an announcement happened to come out clarifying the current redundancy packages. Not sure if that means anything. Certainly not a definite sign, but possibly the Lord grabbing our attention. Please pray that I would be offered a redundancy package to take effect in March. It would be very tidy!

Psalms 37:5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment