Friday 9 January 2009

When thou saidst "Seek ye my face"... Psalms 27:8

I had been listening to Gospel For Asia's core value teachings and something that KP said really convicted me. He said every member of staff must be consistently in the word, have a systematic method of reading through the Bible, NOT just reading now and then when tempted or sinning, reading lots one day and none the next, no! They must have a STEADY devotional life. I shamefully have to admit that I am falling short in this area, and KP affirms that without this consistency with the Lord no staff member will make it.

I went with Dave Jones to visit a good friend of his called Karl, a wonderful brother in the Lord who is unable to get about much. I had never met the man but we had a great time of fellowship, friendship, and food! I had neglected to bring my Bible :-O so Karl offered me one – a King James wide margin study Bible. It was beautiful – and it was a spare! He offered it to me, on the condition that I would actually use it as it was meant to be used. He didn't want me to take it if I didn't think I would. This was interesting, the Lord and I both know that I hate responsibility and making commitments, I much prefer when someone gives me something regardless of whether or not I will get around to using it, so that there is no pressure. This wasn't like that. I could almost perceive the Lord asking me if I wanted to take this Bible devotion stuff seriously, instead of doing it “when I had time” or “when I felt like it”.

I said yes! So far the Lord has enabled me to beat my body into subjection and get up around 7am (I need a lot of sleep ok?!?) to have some regular quiet time. I am in Ezekiel which is really tripping me out, though I think I found the Lord in chapter 9! Please pray that the Lord has His hand heavy upon me to seek His face early every morning. I cannot build unless the foundation is set. Thanks guys!

...my heart said unto thee "Thy face LORD will I seek" Psalm 27:8

No comments:

Post a Comment